1. When is the deadline for submitting my project?
Answer: It will be announced on the official website in the first quarter of each year, please stay tuned!
2. How to submit my Project Application?
Answer: All applicants must complete the following procedures for the application:
- Create a new account through CPP official website by clicking “Account Registration” and submit all information and document required.
- An email with a link would be sent to you for account activation. Please activate your account and log-in the system for project submission.
- All projects must be submitted with all required information before the application deadline.
- After project submission, the system will automatically send an acknowledgement e-mail and an application ID number to the Lead Project Manager and Centre-In-Charge of the project. A copy of the application will be attached for your record as well.
- CPP only accepts applications which complete the entire submission procedures. Saved but not submitted applications would not be considered.
3. Why my account cannot be accessed and log-in after account registration?
Answer: Please check your mailbox (including your spam folders) for activation email with a link for account activation. Applicants are suggested to register with a verified email so as to ensure the receipt of activation email.
4. Apart from this online platform, may I submit my project by fax or post?
Answer: No, we accept only online applications through the CPP official website.
5. Which email should I use for Account Registration?
Answer: Applicant refers to the responsible unit/team of the project. The registration email you provided would be used for all notification emails, communications and log-in administration. Hence, we highly recommend that all applicants should use the general email of your unit/team instead of personal email. Please also ensure the validity of the email for receiving the activation email and all update information.
6. If my organisation had applied CPP before, should I register again?
Answer: Yes. All applicants should register through the online platform. If you register by using your previous registered email address, the online system will automatically identify and retain your organisation information from the record. Please update the existing information for registration.
(Only applicable for past applicants registered in CPP 2016 or after)
7. What information is required to submit for Account Registration?
Answer: For Account Registration, you are required to provide the following information and documents:
- The following information included in the certified document of Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (IRD 88):
- Organisation contact information (including Chinese and English name of the institution, telephone number, office country and address)
- Registration number of non-profit making organisation and
- Effective date
- Information of the organisation (Personal data must be the same as the ID card)
- Information of Director, including full name in Chinese and English, contact email (Cannot re-use registered email, HKCSS will contact with Director by email, for example, to verify the applicant's identity)
- List of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, including: Chinese & English full name, position in the Board, public officials and effective date of the Board
- The latest total annual income of the applicant organisation
- Organisation payee’s name on the cheque for receiving fund (English only)
- Contact information of applicant (Do not repeat the registration email nor headquarters’ contact. HKCSS will contact the project manager and PIC by email for eligibility and project information verification.)
- Name, phone number, fax number and address of the responsible unit / team of the project
- Person-in-charge's name, phone number and contact email
- Supporting documents
- Certified true copy of IRD Section 88 letter
- Annual report
- Constitution or the Memorandum and Articles of Association; and
- Audited financial statements in the most recent two years
8. Is there any limit to the number of applications submitted by each applicant?
Answer: There is no limit to the number of project applications you can submit. It would be possible to have more than one project receive funding, if the projects are outstanding.
9. What information is required for project submission?
Answer: For project submission, you are required to provide the below:
- Project name, project summary (in Chinese and English), and project duration
- Contact of the responsible staff(s) (including: Chinese and English names, job titles, telephone numbers and contact emails). Please do not repeat telephone numbers and emails used for registration. HKCSS will contact the responsible staff, for example, sending confirmation of acceptance
- Programme details & programme budget etc.
10. Can I resubmit supporting documents if I fail to submit them before the deadline?
Answer: Sorry, only complete applications with all supporting documents uploaded will be considered. If the applicant fails to submit them before deadline / submits non-valid documents, the application will not be considered.
11. Am I able to save my application for further editing before submission?
Answer: Yes, you are not required to complete the application in one go. Within the submission period, you are able to save the project and retrieve it anytime for editing. Please be reminded that you could not make any amendment to the application once you have submitted it.
12. How do I know my application has been successfully submitted?
Answer: A notification email, together with the project details you submitted and an assigned application number, will be sent to you once we receive your application.
13. Once I have submitted my application, may I edit my project proposal, provide supplementary information, or withdraw my application?
Answer: Once your application is submitted, no edit, update, or supplementary information resubmission will be permitted. HKCSS may contact you or any responsible person(s) by email for project detail clarification.
14. What should I do if I forget my password?
Answer: Please click “forget password?” on the logon page of the online application system and you will be asked to fill in your registered e-mail address. After that, you will receive a “reset password” e-mail in your inbox. Please click “reset password” in the email and key in the password provided by the system together with your new password. After confirmation, you can log on to the system with your new password.
15. What are the system requirements of my computer for the CPP online system?
Answer: Your computer must meet the below requirements for a successful online application:
Version: Windows 7 or above
Browser: Chrome 60.0 or above; Firefox 3.0 or above; Internet Explorer 11 or above
Version: OS X or above
Browser: Safari 4.0 or above
16. What should I do if I cannot access the function of this online platform / encounter any system problem?
Answer: Please try to use a different browser for login, such as Chrome or Firefox. If the problem persists, please take a screenshot and email to firstname.lastname@example.org